Terms & Conditions
POW 2021 CRUSH IT FOR CLIMATE SWEEPSTAKES – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS IS REQUIRED.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Protect Our Winters Crush It For Climate Sweepstakes Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and Washington D.C., age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry, subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Promotion is void where prohibited by law. Persons in the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (1) employees of Protect Our Winters (the “Sponsor”), or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, agents, representatives, officers, directors, or shareholders, or any advertising and promotion agencies (the “Sweepstakes Entities”); (2) individuals or entities responsible for the development, printing, distribution, and implementation of this Promotion; and (3) persons who are employees of or members of the immediate family (parents, siblings, children, and spouse) or household of any person in any of the preceding categories. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PARTICIPATE: There are two ways to enter each Sweepstakes:
- Automatic Entry with Donation: To be automatically entered by making a donation, please provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and payment information on the Webpage at: https://staging.protectourwinters.org/crushit, All entries are subject to verification of eligibility before a prize can be awarded. If the entrant does not meet the edibility requirements listed above and for each Sweepstakes, his or her entry is automatically void. All donations are final and nonrefundable.
- Alternative Method of Free Entry: No purchase, donation, or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win a Sweepstakes. A purchase, donation, or payment will not increase an entrant’s chance of winning. To be automatically entered into a Sweepstakes through an alternative method of free entry, you may request an entry form from [email protected] and mail your entry to “Protect Our Winters Crush It For Climate Sweepstakes Promotion” Official Rules, Attn: Joe Bouchard, 4676 Broadway Street, Boulder, CO 80304, with sufficient pre-paid postage. Your entry form must contain your name, address, email address, mailing address, and phone number in order to be eligible. Limit of one (1) entry per outer mailing envelope. Each Sweepstakes must be entered separately during the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period. All mailed entries must be received before the end of the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period posted on the Website.
- LIMIT ON ENTRIES: Limit of up to seventy-five (75) entries per eligible user each 24-hours during each Sweepstakes Entry Period. Entries using macro, robotic, scrip, repetitive, programmed, or other forms of automatic entry are void and will be disqualified. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, or inaccurate entries. Entrants are prohibited from assigning or transferring their interest in an entry or a prize won through a winning entry.
- PRIZES: Each prize offered in a Sweepstakes, its Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”), and other prize details will be set forth on the Website. Actual value of a prize may vary depending on various options provided by the prize provider. Limit one prize per entrant per Sweepstakes. Important Notice: All dates for fulfillment of the prize depend on the availability of the prize provider providing the prize. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Winner must make all arrangements directly with the specified prize provider. Winner is responsible for obtaining and providing to the prize provider any required documentation necessary for any specific prize. All items or expenses not listed as included in a prize are excluded. No prize substitutions, unless specified, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize comparable in value in the event of prize unavailability.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Prize winners in each Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing by Sponsor approximately ___ days after the end of each Sweepstakes Entry Period from among all eligible entries received for that Sweepstakes. Each potential winner is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder for the email address. “Authorized account holder” means the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by the Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner and may refuse to award a prize to a person who is not eligible or has violated a rule, gained unfair advantage in the Sweepstakes, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. If a winner is found to be ineligible or disqualified for any reason, an alternative winner will be selected from a separate random drawing. To receive a copy of the name of the Winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by March 31st, 2021, to “Protect Our Winters Crush It For Climate Sweepstakes Promotion, Attn: Joe Bouchard, 4676 Broadway Street, Boulder, CO 80304.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO CLAIM PRIZES: Sponsor or a company acting on its behalf will attempt to notify on or before ten (10) business days after each Sweepstakes drawing the potential winner(s) by telephone, email, text message, or such other manner as determined by Sponsor, using the contact information provided as part of the winner(s)’ entry. Neither Sponsor nor any other entity shall have any responsibility or liability for failure to provide notice, including, but not limited to, due to a participant’s failure to provide accurate or correct contact information, notices lost in transfer, or notices diverted to spam, junk, promotion, or other email folders. Each potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules and may also be required to execute and return (or potential winner’s parent or legal guardian if potential winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) an Affidavit of Eligibility/Publicity Release within a time period specified by Sponsor. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the prize, cannot be contacted or fails to timely respond after two separate attempts, or in the event the prize confirmation/notification is returned, undeliverable, or not (timely) responded to the prize will be forfeited, and may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate potential winner selected at random from the pool of eligible Entrants.
- TAXES: Sponsor makes no representations whatsoever regarding how entering into or winning a Sweepstakes impacts an entrant’s or winner’s tax obligations. All federal, state, and local taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility and liability of each Sweepstakes winner. Any valuation of the prizes listed on the Website are based on available information, and Sponsor may report the value of the prizes as required by law. Upon request, each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification or social security number before any prize will be awarded. A person winning more than $600 in prizes from Sponsor will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE THEY IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PROMOTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZE PROVIDERS PROVIDING THE PRIZES AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, OR PRODUCTS RELATED THERETO. THESE TERMS GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE PROVISIONS REGARDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE VOID IN SOME STATES WHERE IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE PRESCRIBED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion. If for any reason a Sweepstakes and/or the Website, in whole or in part, is not executed as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Sweepstakes, or if a Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, and select the winner based on eligible entries received prior to the action or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with the entry process or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE INTERNET PORTION OF THIS PROMOTION, OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES AND LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Colorado, without respect to conflict of laws doctrine. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Colorado having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for any damages other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion). Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees, and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- SEVERABILITY: If the application of any provision or provisions of these Ofﬁcial Rules to any particular facts or circumstances is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, then: (i) the validity and enforceability of such provision or provisions as applied to any other particular facts or circumstances and the validity of other provisions of these Ofﬁcial Rules will not in any way be affected or impaired thereby; and (ii) such provision or provisions will be reformed without further action by the parties and only to the extent necessary to make such provision or provisions valid and enforceable when applied to such particular facts and circumstances.
- COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by March 31st, 2021, to “Protect Our Winters Crush It For Climate Sweepstakes Promotion” Official Rules, Attn: Joe Bouchard, 4676 Broadway Street, Boulder, CO 80304.